CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Stress and worry

As most of you know, when I was 16 I had open heart surgery to repair 3 holes in my heart. The last time I was checked I was 19 at that point the murmur that I had before the surgery (since I was 19 mons. old) was gone. I went to the cardiologist yesterday. At 19, they told me that the next time I needed to get checked again was when I got pregnant. He told me that he heard the same kind of murmur that I had before. He didn't make me feel very comfortable about it. He doesn't know what it is or why it's there. I'm having an echocardiogram done on Friday, but I won't get the results back until 10 days later. I'm hoping that when I go to the OB on Monday next week, he'll be able to call the cardiologist and get the results sooner.

I tried googling it (I'm the queen of google searches) but the only thing I can find on it is in medical language that I can't understand. SO if anyone out there has any medical knowledge and wants to tell me what it says about tricuspid murmurs during pregnancy, I'd really appreciate it!

I'm not worried that it's anything that could kill me. Heck, I lived with it for 16 years before, what's another 6 months. I'm just thinking about having surgery again and that scares the crap out of me. I don't think I can deal with the pain again. It makes my chest hurt just thinking about it. Come to think of it, I wonder which is worse, childbirth or having your chest muscles ripped off the bone and then stitched back together. I'll let you know in 6 months.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Not that I know about heart surgery, but I got to say- as long as you have drugs, childbirth is a cake walk (well at least mine). Good luck, you might want to email Chantel- her hubby is doing rotations right now and I think he has done a "heart" rotation.

Chantel said...

hello! It was so fun to see you on my blog :) I am sorry about the heart situation. I had my husband look at it, and there are a few things he can tell you. Here is my email chantel.labrum@gmail.com if you want to email me today, he can email you back tonight.

oh...one more thing... Mauri and I "met" when we took a math class together. Poor girl had to see my great math skills! It is a small world!

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

That's no fun! I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I'm sure it's a little scary. Hope everthing settles down, you're a trooper! :)