CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Baby Names

When I went to UT I got to go to dinner with a few friends from high school. It was a lot of fun to catch up with them. Michelle is pregnant and is due this month. Her and her husband still haven't thought of a name for their baby boy. It got me really freaked out about it (something else to stress out about for the next 6 months)! So I immediately came home and started to think of names and make Frank join in. Needless to say, we solved the dilema in about 2 days. I thought it would be a lot harder than it was. With a last name of DeVito you have to have pretty traditional if not Italian names. I have a problem with Italian, because boy Italian names are really long, hard to pronounce, usually have a lot of z and v's in them and are only sound cool if you are in Italy or have an Italian accent (something of which I nor Frankie do). The other problem with naming boys is that everyone in Frank's family is named Frank or Vincent (yes, he has at least one Cousin Vinnie). I refuse to have another Frankie, it's WAY too confusing for me!

Girl names were a completely different story. I love Italian girl names. Sophia, Isabella, Maria, Olivia. When Frank and I first started dating, I told him that I had to marry him because I've always loved Italian girl names. Well, I forgot about the boy part.

Needless to say, I came up with some that would work. Isabella McKaylynn (Izzy or Ella for short) and Joseph Frank (Joey for short). It works out well. Isabella happens to be Frank's grandma and McKaylynn is a mix between my Dad, Grandma, and my Mom. Joseph is Frank's dad's middle name and Frank and his Dad obviously have the middle name.

2 comments:

Alesa Larsen said...

uh oh I think you just opened a can of worms. Be prepared for comments of all kids on the names. I love them though. Can't wait to meet Izzy

Chantel said...

I like the names you picked! I hope that my husband was some help to you, you will have to keep us posted.