CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 3, 2007

Body Worlds


AMAZING! If you ever go get the chance to see this exhibit ~ GO! I thought that I might be a grossed out by it, but everything looks fake so it's not gross. It's the most fascinating thing I've ever seen. Being that I'm pregnant, my favorite part was the fetus'. They had a 14 week fetus still inside the uterus that they had cut open (the uterus), being that I'm 14 weeks it was REALLY cool to see exactly what my baby looks like, not a CG image, not an ultrasound, but the actual baby. They also had the embryo's from 4 weeks until 8 weeks. At 8 weeks it was amazing you could see the eyes and the spine and the fingers and toes beginning to form. They also had a woman with the baby still inside of her. They opened up her abdomen and showed the baby, that was amazing!

The only thing that really made me realize that they were real people was one of them still had most of his skin on and on his hand you could see a tattoo, that was weird. That made it real, that they weren't just plastic. He had the hair still too which was really strange.

They also had a heart that was sitting in the pericardium still. That was really cool to see that, because that's what was used to repair the holes in my heart.

If I was a smoker before I went, I definitely wouldn't be after going there. In one exhibit they had a normal lung, a smoker's lung, and then a coal miner's lung. The smokers lung was really bad, but the coal miner's lung was horrific! It looked like a lump of coal. It gave me a new respect for coal miners!

Like I said if this is exhibit is anywhere near you spend the $20 a go. It's breathtaking!

2 comments:

• julie • said...

Glad to hear you will no longer be a smoker after viewing this exhibit! But very sad to hear that you are 14 weeks PREGNANT and have been smoking that whole time! Those were the MOST IMPORTANT developmental weeks of the whole pregnancy! You just smoked for 1/3 of your pregnancy :(

Too bad it took Body Worlds and a bunch of plasticine bodies to make you quit....and not the precious life growing inside you.

Ella said...

She said - If she had been a smoker...not that she was.