CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 4, 2008

Whew! I'm tired!

I got back on Wednesday from spending 10 days in UT with my family. I'm just feeling like I'm not absolutely exhausted! We had a great time. We stayed up late every night playing games and talking, I'm not used to going to bed at midnight every night!

The day we got there we stayed down in Farmington, at Alesa's house. Frank had never seen the lights at Temple Square so we went and saw those. I hadn't seen them in a really long time, so it was nice, but it was COLD! I think it was 9* I'm not used to that!

For Christmas Eve, Mom, Frank and I went to dinner at a steak house and just spent the evening relaxing and finishing wrapping presents. All of my siblin
gs were at their in-laws for Christmas Eve. While we were at dinner Cache Valley got about 6" of snow. It was so pretty to finally have a white Christmas! I can't remember the last time that there was snow on Christmas.

Alesa and Justin got home about 10:00 and Frank and I stayed up and helped them get Santa presents ready. I helped Alesa wrap, while Frank helped Justin put together a huge train set for Dallin. We ended up going to bed about 1:15, then I woke up at 5:00 waiting for Stephanie to call so Frank and I could go to her house and watch the kids open gifts (I must have been more excited than the kids). She didn't call until almost 6:30 so we ran over there and watched them open presents. At 7:30 Alesa called and her kids
were up, so we ran back to my Mom's house and watched them open gifts. It was a lot of fun to see all the kids excitement! At 10:00 everyone came to my Mom's house and we had breakfast and exchanged gifts.

For Christmas, with my siblings we decided to not do gifts, but to draw names and take the other couple on a date. Frank and I had Travis and Juli, because we only had one night to do anything before Frank left, we just took them to dinner. It was nice to be able to get to spend one on one time with them. With all the chaos when everyone is together it's hard to have conversations about anything.


Frank and Justin spent the day after Christmas helping Stephanie and Doug frame in a couple rooms in their unfinished basement. I can't believe they got it all done in a day, but they did!

Frank left on the 27th, he had to come home to work. I stayed in UT until after New Year's. It was hard and sad being away from each other on New Year's. We decided we would never do that again. When we booked the tickets we didn't think it would matter, because I'm so tired I have a hard time staying up late, and I wouldn't want to go o
ut, because there are too many drunk people out and they annoy me! Frank ended up not going out either. WHAT? That's right, Frank the party boy stayed home! I was shocked that he did. I guess that's what marriage and a baby (almost) does to you!

We stayed at Alesa's house and did fondue with the family. We didn't want the kids to stay up until midnight so at 10:00 when the ball dropped in New York we all watched it and celebrated then. We adults decided that was a better celebration than we would have so we were going to go to bed, but ended up staying up and just having a drink of Martinelli's.

It's good to be home and back to reality.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I am so glad you are back home and back to posting! I was missing you. It sounds as if you had a fun Christmas. When you have your little one next Christmas it will be fun watching YOURS w/the presents and excitment. There really isn't anyting like it. I love it. I'll have to mention the dinner idea to my family...it sounds fun.

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

So much fun...I miss not being by my sister's during the holidays. I love the "date gift" instead of presents. We opted not to exchange this year either, but that would have been fun. Happy New Year!