CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Almost Done!!


The never ending job of getting the garage cleaned out is almost done! I'm SO excited! Frank and I spent about 2 1/2 hours in it today and WE WERE ABLE TO GET A CAR IN IT!! It has been almost a year since we've been able to get a car in there. The mess all started with the remodeling of the house and the messes that come with that, then when we decided to build a shed on the side of the house, the old shed all got moved into the garage, so there was no room for a car. Then between the flipping of a house, me moving in, finishing the remodeling, it has just been a big dumping ground. In the last month I think we have taken about 6 cars loads of stuff to Goodwill! I think I'm nesting, I'm on the downhill slide of this pregnancy and we haven't even begun to work on the nursery cause we are trying to get the rest of the house cleaned and organized. It's hard to move a complete house into an already established complete house! By time we are done with the garage we should have this car, the bike, and the truck in there! Making our house a little less white trash, one car at a time! (We have 5 cars that sit in front of our house, it's ridiculous!)

Along the lines of nesting, yesterday I went through my kitchen and cleaned out 3 different cabinets. I rearranged where everything is. I like it better now, but I just have to learn where everything is again!

2 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

You make me laugh, Holly! I totally know those organizing urges. Kit blames them on my mom, but I'll reorganize, touch-up paint, and de-junk with vigor every once in awhile. It might be linked to pregnancy since I feel like I've been preggers a lot lately...go figure. Hooray for accomplishing stuff! Also, the picture of your rounding belly is so cute. I'm glad you're having a good pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Holly! I am so proud...and jealous. I feel like I have been in a cleaning slump for a long time. I need some of your nesting urges to filter through the computer and into me!! I keep my house straightened but cleaning my garage...no thank you!! So kudos to you!