CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm sad


Okay, I know it's kinda lame, but I'm really sad. Those of you that know me, know that I love animals. A lot of times I like animals more than I really like people. In fact, the more people I meet the more I like my animals.

Anyway, I've had Maizey, the corn snake (get the pun?), since 2002. That's 5 years, that's longer than I've had anything really. I got her when she was about 4" long and just 3 weeks old. She traveled with me on a move from WA to FL and then back to CA. On the way back to CA she got out of her box somewhere between OK and Vegas, I thought she was gone for sure. That was in November, at the end of February when I was getting out of my car one day I see her head pop out from the engine into the car. It freaked me out to say the least! She was found about 3 weeks later in the back of the car wrapped around the spare tire. Other than a few little marks that went away she was fine. She's quite the escape artist she once escaped and got wrapped around our washer machine and again in the house and I thought she was gone, 3 months later she shows up in a drawer and then when I was cleaning behind the oven I found her skin there, she must have like the warmth! Good thing I don't use the oven a whole lot!

Anyway, today I sold her. After MANY months of threatening too and not being able to do it, finally I did it. I don't have the time to take care of her and our house is way too small for my menagerie AND a baby.

I didn't think I would be this sad, but she's been through a lot with me. I hope she likes her new home.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Oh, I'm sorry you had to sell your Maisy. :-( That is sad. I liked the stories you told about her though. You will always have your fond Maisy memories.