CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Oh what a beautiful morning!!

WOW!! What an amazing weekend. I remembered this weekend why we pay a half a millions dollars for a fixer-upper here in California. Yesterday the temperature was a perfect 68*. It was glorious! I went out to the back yard to do some gardening and weeding when I hear a diesel truck stop in front of my house. My heart skipped a beat. Could it really be? No, way!! I don't believe it! Frank came to the back door and confirmed it. Pedro, the landscaper (who started the 3 week project a year ago) had sent 6 of his guys to come clear all the weeds of the hill. I think I could have cried! I had been back there trying to pull weeds without climbing up the hill and falling back down. My balance is not like it used to be!

So I let them pull the rest of the weeds and I went to transplanting some plants that weren't happy where they were. I managed to get one bed really close to finished. I transplanted about 4 plants and went to the nursery and picked up a pink jasmine and trellis. It's a bed that is right by our basement door and barbeque, as soon as you go out either the kitchen door or the basement door you can smell it. It's SO nice! It has a ton of blossoms that haven't opened yet, I bet in a week it will really smell nice.

I need to start taking before and after pictures. I'll take some after pictures tomorrow, but you really can't appreciate it without seeing the before.

Today was another amazing day. One temperature reading we drove by said 76*! It's Feb. 10th!!

Today we were supposed to work on the baby's room and the bathroom. We went to every hardware store in town looking for what we needed for both projects. By time we got to Home Depot I was so tired of hardware stores that I got lost in the nursery. I got a flat of alyssum and a flat of pansies, along with some other plants to replace the four that I had moved. When I got home Amber and I went for a walk and then as soon as I got back I went to planting. Frank then got distracted (there's a shock) from his project and came and helped me. He hooked up the drip system while I planted for another 3 hours. I can't wait for them to grow! I love that in CA our annuals last from February until November.

Funny story about the drip system. He turned it on, to make sure it was all working, went around the front yard and checked everything, went into the backyard where we had one that had broke and was shooting about 15' straight into the kitchen door that was wide open. About half of the kitchen was soaking wet!

Needless to say, we didn't get much of what we were supposed to get done, but it was a fun weekend just doing whatever.

No comments: