CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Disappointment

As you all know, Frank was laid off 5 months ago. He has been selling for my business since and it's been fine. Last week he got a phone call from a company that he had applied for right after he got laid off. He had 2 interviews, and I really tried to not get excited. Then he got called back for a third interview and we got really excited. He felt like the interview went REALLY well and the job was shoe-in. Well, today he got an email that they were "going to peruse someone" (peruse was the word they used, I don't think it was the right word). To say I was disappointed was an understatement.

Frank is such a harder work and such a good salesperson, I'm very proud of him that he got to the third interview. He found out from the recruiter that the reason they went with the other person was because they had medical sales experience.

It's put a big black cloud on my birthday weekend. . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still so sad for you guys. I was really excited for Frank about ths job. I know how excited he was about it. Things happen for a reason though. There is always something else out there .. something better for you guys. Keep praying! =o)

Life these days...... said...

Sorry Holly thats tough! times sucks right now....dang it!

Katie said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's so hard looking for work. We've been unemployed for 6 months now and it gets rather depressing at times. Keep high spirits and try to have a good birthday anyway. It'll all work out.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Holly. I really feel for you guys. Life sometimes really stinks. Keep your chin up, and try to have a fun birthday weekend. Birthdays only come around once a year. :)

whitney said...

Oh no!! That really, really bites! I'm so sorry, but I agree w/the others-there must be something better out there!