CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Baby Boy Austin

It's been a sad week in my family. My sister, Stephanie was 17 weeks pregnant and her baby died on Thursday. She went to the doctor on Thursday morning and they couldn't find a heart beat. I'm so sad for her and her family. Every time I think about it I cry.

It's been no secret that I have had a hard time adjusting to motherhood, since this happened I've become so appreciative of my healthy baby girl. I know that everything happens for a reason. I know this baby didn't die in vain. Maybe it was for all of us (especially me) to appreciate what we have been given. Since Thursday, I've found myself being more patient with Bella and trying so much harder to pay attention to her and enjoy her. Like the saying goes, some people come into your lives and leave footprints on your heart. I never met this beautiful baby, but he changed my life, already. Every time I get frustrated with Bella and the differences that she has made in my life, I will remember how lucky I am to have her.

Stephanie had to deliver the baby instead of being able to have a DNC. She delivered him tonight at 6:30 pm Utah time. I believe they will be doing a graveside service next week where he will be buried with his Grandpa Meikle (I don't know all this for fact, I don't know if final decisions have been made).

I'm not sure where I stand on religious beliefs, but I do know that he must be a very special soul that was too good to have to face life on Earth, he just needed a little body so he could return to his Heavenly Father. It's comforting to know that he is there with both his Grandpas. Something special that the other cousins don't get to experience here on Earth.

Please keep Stephanie and her family in your thoughts. I can't imagine the pain and sadness that they are experiencing.

Rest in Peace Baby Boy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Holly. That totally made me cry. This whole thing has been so terrible and I can't imagine what Stephanie has been going through. Every time I feel my own little baby kick inside of me, I feel so incredibly blessed. I just can't fathom it all. Things do happen for a reason though. I do love that little saying of leaving footprints on your heart - it's so true.

Courtni said...

we are so sad for stephanie and all of your family.

i have no doubt about the fact that because of the gospel, that that little boy is theirs and they will get the chance to raise him in the world to come.

we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Stephanie said...

Thank you for writing this beautiful post. I read it not too long after we got home from the hospital last night and was very touched. BTW, I think you do know where you stand on religious beliefs, you just need to listen to your heart. You know families are forever and that we will all be together forever thanks to the blessings we have been given. You also know you have a loving Heavenly Father. Please listen to your heart! I love you VERY much!

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

Thanks for this beautiful post! You are all great sisters to each other.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. That has to be so hard. I appreciate the post though, as you said it is so easy for us to take for granted what we have until something like this happens. I will for sure keep your sister and her family in our thoughts and prayers.

whitney said...

Oh that just breaks my heart! Like your sister Stephanie, I DO believe that families will be together forever and if, heaven forbid, something ever happened to one of my sweet little babies, I would get to be with them again, as you sister will get to be with her baby. I hope all of your family can find the comfort they need right now.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Holly. Thank you for the beautiful reminder that every life is precious and I shouldn't take the sweet spirits that live in my home for granted. I hope that you and your family can take comfort in the the fact that Heavenly Father is a loving father and everything has a purpose. He has given Stephanie a way to be able to have her baby with her for forever. Isnt't that a wonderful gift?! He truly loves us, that I know.

Alabama Apples said...

I am so sorry for your sister's, and family's, loss. It makes my heart hurt for you all. I am so thankful for the gift of eternal families and knowing we will be able to spend forever with our families. I hope this truth can bring comfort to your family.