CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 20, 2009

Warm April??? Nights

I have lived in California for almost 5 years, and I don't think I have ever been warm here at night, MAYBE once, two years ago it was 115* in August. Tonight is my favorite kind of night, a balmy 75*. I love it. If every night were like this one, it would be the PERFECT place to live!

It reminds me of nights as a kid, gathering at the street corner with all the other kids in my grandparents neighborhood (we had to go to their neighborhood, because we didn't have many kids where we lived), organizing a game of kick the can, or hide and seek, lying under the stars on the trampoline and falling asleep to the crickets.

Ahhh. . . those were the days. . .

4 comments:

Katie and Co. said...

Ah, good 'ole Kick the Can. Summer nights still hold some of that magic for me too. Sadly, those nights are short-numbered in Cache Valley where it's actually warm (ish) enough to stay out all night.

Stephanie said...

Those were the days... Why do they pass so fast? And why don't my kids have them now????

The DeVito's said...

Stephanie, because everyone is to scared to let their kids play outside unattended. As I was writing this I was thinking about the fact that we were allowed to sleep by ourselves outside, in an unfenced yard, in the middle of town. That would never happen now!

Keri said...

I love this! You totally just brought me back to summer nights as a kid doing exactly the same thing! Ahhh.... catching fireflies... playing hide and seek... miss that. I can smell the air and feel the warm breeze when I close my eyes...