CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

remodeled balcony


Frank and I have been doing a LOT of yard work. This yard has been a thorn in my side. Long story short, it was supposed to be done 2 years ago before we got married by a professional landscaper, and it was only about 50% done. Last summer we tried to work on it, but between me being 8 months pregnant and having a baby, not much got done. Now that Bella is crawling and starting to walk, I'm DETERMIND to get it done early this summer so we can enjoy it.

It's an interesting property and has TONS of potential. For those of you that haven't seen it, it backs up to a HUGE hill. So our yard has a lot of terraces and different levels and potential for lots of "rooms." We plan on doing each area a different part. Below the balcony is the "shade garden," we have the "kitchen garden" and eventually we will have the lawn and pond area. So that we don't get overwhelmed by the whole job, I've decided to concentrate on each area at a time. Yesterday we did the balcony outside our master bedroom. It's a great place to sit in the mornings and in the evenings it's even better.

I'm sitting here now, I can hear the trickle of the fountain, the smell of the jasmine below, I can hear the birds and the frogs. I can see my garden growing, the cows and turkeys on the hill and Bella splashing in the fountain. This might be close to heaven.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I know you guys have been working so hard, but it's smart that you are doing one thing at a time, as to not get too overwhelmed. Good work! It's beautiful!

Katie and Co. said...

How wonderful. That does sound like a piece of heaven.