CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Gratitude Journal

I was reading a book tonight and it talked about keeping a gratitude journal. This is something that I have attempted to do, but making lists in a book is not my thing. So I have decided to turn my blog into one. Every day I'm going to post something that I'm thankful for. Since I plan to turn my blog into a book at the end of the year I decided that I would scrapbook all the days. This makes me do a few things. First, I'll get my scrapbooking done. Second, it will force me to take pictures. Third, hopefully through out the day I'll be looking for things that I'm thankful for and make me have an "attitude of gratitude."

Another reason that I decided to make this a public thing, is I think we spend a lot of time complaining to each other and it's not so easy to let people know the things we are happy and thankful for.

Today's reason:

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great idea! I try to keep a gratitude journal too. Your scrapbooking is looking great! I like the new blog design too. Miss you!

Krysta said...

That is such a great idea! I love when one task can accomplish many things!

Anonymous said...

So cute! And such a good idea. I love your new layout! How do you get "Izzy's" picture up on the top header? It's so cute.

Kari said...

What a great idea!!! I should definitely be keeping a gratitude journal, especially for those days when gratitude is furthest from my mind. You all look great!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I love that you are grateful for a healthy body that could carry and feed your little one. It IS an awesome blessing!

Grieco Family said...

I agree with the rest, the gratitude journal is a great idea! I've told myself a lot this year that I need to complain less and be more grateful for what I have in my life. I might have to steal your idea and post something I'm grateful for everyday too!