CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

C25K

Stephanie, my sister, recruited my other sister, Alesa and I to run a 5k with her about 10 weeks ago. I didn't really want to do it, but I said ok. I half heartedly started running a couple times a week. I started out barely being able to run 3 minutes. We were doing an interval training program called Couch 2 5K. You would run 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds. Each week the running times would increase. Each week I would think that I was going to die before the podcast would tell me I could stop running and start walking. I've never been a runner, even in middle school when we had to run the mile I jogged/walked it.

Well, this Saturday is the 5k. I'm REALLY excited about it! I haven't yet done a complete 5K in my training. I've been really close, but not yet. I'm off this morning to do it. Wish me luck! I would like to finish the race in 30 minutes, but if I can run the entire thing, I'll be pretty excited.

Because of this, I've been training for a sprint triathlon as well. Although, I'm not much of a swimmer, so Alyson (who asked me to do the triathlon with her) has graciously said she would do the swimming and I will be doing the biking and running. That's next Saturday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!! You and your sisters were inspirational to me! I started a week or two behind you guys. It is a great program and I was really improving on it. I need to get refocused...our move threw me off. You are doing so great and I can't wait to hear how your run went!!

Alabama Apples said...

Hooray for you! I'm so impressed. AFter the baby, I'm planning on starting up running.

Your bathroom is beautiful! *sigh* I could imagine a fabulous soak in your tub...

Stephanie said...

Thank you SO much for doing this with me! You are awesome and inspiring! Love you!!!

Alyson said...

WooHoo!!! It is a great feeling to finish a race...no matter what your time is. After the triathlon next week, I think you'll be hooked, and next spring, you'll be able to do the whole thing yourself!

whitney said...

That's so great! Way to go! You'll definitely have to let us all know how it went!

Mauri said...

look at you! a 5K and a sprint triathlon in the same month? you are awesome! good luck girlies!!

Lisa said...

That's so awesome! Good luck - you're going to do great!!!