CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

5k run


I did it! I can't believe I did! During the race I wasn't sure if I would. There were a lot of hills, I've never run on hills, where I run it's completely flat. The only time I walked was when they were handing out water, I couldn't run and drink at the same time. It was difficult enough to walk and drink.

I finished in 32:22. I was pretty excited about that! I have never run more than 30 minutes all at once.

It was a bitter sweet race. I was glad I did it and I finished, with a good time to boot, but Frank wasn't able to be there and so I didn't have anyone greeting me when I crossed the finish line. I didn't think it would really bother me, but it made me really sad. My neighbor was there supporting his ex-girlfriend that's when it bothered me that Frank wasn't there. Oh well, I did it. I'm VERY happy about that!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think about you not having anyone at the finish line! I would have been there for you! You ran so quick, I could have been up there for the end! I'm glad you did so well though - it's awesome working towards something like that and finishing! Great job! Maybe after I get this baby out of me, we can train together for something. I need to get motivated to work out.

Courtni said...

congrats holly! way to go! we were cheering in spirit :-)

The DeVito's said...

Absolutely Stef! When you are ready to start training, I'll train with you! You could do the mermaid triathlon with Alyson and I next May.

Unknown said...

SUCH A GOOD JOB! way to go. it's the best feeling to finish something like that huh?! we are putting a half together for anyone, family friends, co-workers in October. FREE too. my mom and i wanted to finish the summer with 2 half marathons under our belts and the last one we were going to run didn't end up working out. So we are so excited to get people involved that may not want the added nerves of a "paid" race and tons more people. It will be laid back and I can't wait!
Great Job Holly!

Stephanie said...

I am so proud of you! And I'm so glad we could all do it "together" but I'm really sad no one was there for you! I love you! You were so fast! Keep running, you really will be fast!!!

Kylene said...

YAY! Congrats on the accomplishment. I don't what it is about racing but I always feel so awesome when I finish a great run. :) I'm happy for you! Way to go.

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

A big congratulations on a great time! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Holly!! I am so proud of you!! You did great! I wish that I could have been there to cheer you on!! You set a goal and you did it, you have every reason to be proud of yourself. I'm cheering you on...even if I am in TX. :)

whitney said...

yay! yay! yay! Great job! I'm so impressed. That's so great that you set a goal and stuck to it.

I really ought to start running to...or at least that's what my hips are telling me :P

Samantha said...

congrats! way to go!