CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 4, 2009

Arachnoid takeover

I was sitting at my kitchen table feeding Isabella breakfast yesterday morning. I was looking at the pond and the flowers, all the sudden something moved and caught my eye.
















That's right, is a TARANTULA!!!! Excuse me?!!? I thought they only lived in the desserts or South American jungles??!! Are you freaking kidding me?!?! It was on the wall right above our pond. I'm usually not an animal killer and think that even spiders are great in the outside world, but one this big??? NO! It was about 5" across. Frankie took care of it and it's now living in spider heaven!

5 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Uggh! I don't mind spiders as long as they don't come anywhere near me. Bleh!!


I'm sorry you're feeling yucky. I hate being sick. Uggh! Hope you feel better soon.

Courtni said...

we had a tarantula in our room when we went to visit brian's parents in brazil. i literally about died! i can't believe you had one in your yard...i hope to never see one in person again, so i hope that yours was a fluke and that there really aren't that many running around northern california!

The DeVito's said...

Sorry, Courtni, I've looked it up, they are quite common around here (not like daddy long legs, but common enough). Please we live in the "country" against a huge mountain of wilderness, so I'm sure that's why it was at our house.

Anonymous said...

I don't like it. Not one bit. I don't even like the idea that they live around here. I was so on edge when Wes found a black widow out by the BBQ. I can't imagine a taranchula. Sick!

Speaking of sick .. how are you feeling today? I feel a lot better. It comes and goes. Super annoying. Hope we all get over it quick.

Anonymous said...

Yucky!! I hate spiders...especially the hairy ones. Ick. They have them in Oklahoma, too. They are so big that we can see them scurrying across the road. I haven't seen them here in Amarillo yet...here's hopin' they stay away. ;)