CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

With the bad comes the good

What a roller coaster we have been on. The real estate screamer has come to a halt. Frank lost his job yesterday. I've gone from devastation, to anger, to stress, to happiness, to relief, to excitement, to gratefulness, to sadness, to optimism.
When I first found out I was devastated. I couldn't imagine how we were going to survive, with not only no income, but no insurance.
Anger at the company for laying off one of the hardest working sales people they had, only because of corporate politics. We found out this morning that they chose to lay him off because the other sales rep might have taken an escrow officer with him. Never mind he hasn't brought in a new client all month. I HATE the corporate world! I want to ring their necks, I want to yell and scream at them and let them know how they are affecting so many people, but it won't do any good.
Stress over how we are going to make. Thinking of all the different options that might be available.
Happiness because Frank is finally out of the horrible real estate world. It's toxic, he hated dealing with a lot of the people, the divas, the pride, the greed, the stupidity.
Relief because he's out. Maybe this is the kick in the pants he needed to come work for our business (I better get used to calling it ours, it is going to be). Maybe this is God's way of saying you can do it. It reminds of a saying I used to know, I don't remember it word for word anymore, but it was an eagle standing on the edge of a cliff and God telling him to leap and he wouldn't do it, because he was afraid, finally he did and he flew. Not only did he fly, but he soared, maybe this is that push. The leap of faith, it wasn't a leap, it was a heave ho, get off the cliff!
I'm so excited for the possibilities of having Frank being able to work for home and concentrate on just Sum of All Numbers. I think that it could bring great things to our family. No more dealing with corporate and horrible Realtors and dirty lenders scamming people out of their homes and lives.
Gratefulness for all the people that have called and emailed saying they know of this job or that job or just to say how sorry they are. It makes you realize how many people really care about you.
Sadness. Sadness for Frank. He is such a person that took pride in doing a great job and working hard. It's such a slap in the face for him.
Optimism. I know that God never gives you more than you can handle and as the saying goes, when life gives you lemons make lemonade.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you are feeling better about things! Tell him to get out there and start selling! ;) I need more work.

Anonymous said...

I love this post. Life does hand you crap sometimes and you have to make good things out of it. I know things will work out. Frank can sell anything! He'll find work. I didn't realize you had a website for Sum of all Numbers. I love it! You and your cute picture on there. =o) You're adorable.

Katie said...

I'm sorry to hear of the job loss. I know the stress and mix emotions of it all, we are currently on our 5th job loss in 6 years. I'm glad to see you've been able to see the good in the situation. Good luck with the bisness and keep thinking postitive.

Chambers Clan said...

I'm so sorry. What tough times! Way to be positive. I think that's the only way to get through things. Good thing you have your business too!

Mauri said...

sorry to hear things aren't going as smoothly as you would like...glad to know you have such a great outlook on it and that things will all work out as they should...not that the road won't be bumpy, but hopefully this will be a great blessing in disguise for your family. we'll be thinking about you and praying for you! best of luck to all!

Krysta said...

I am sorry to hear that. I can only imagine the roller coaster ride of feelings you both have gone through...and are still going to go through. When we are faced with trials in our family I am always reminded that all things happen for a reason and there is always something we need to learn from them.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Holly! I am so sorry for your family. What a devestating thing for your family to go through. It sounds as if you are looking at it from a lot of angles, and that sounds like a positive thing. it is funny how life never goes how you plan it and sometimes the hardest trials bring the sweetest blessings. I'll be thinking of you and your family and hope that things smooth out for you soon. Hugs!!

whitney said...

(((hugs))) That just sucks...but it sounds like it could bring good things! I'm sure things will work out well. Your bookkeeping website is cute (in a businessy sort of way, of course;). Love the pic of you!

Julie said...

I am so sorry to hear about Frank loosing his job. That is never an easy thing. Why do they always have to do it around the holidays? Good luck in your own business world. We did our own thing 3 years ago and it was the best thing ever! I love how you posted all of the feelings that go with such a huge life changing event.