CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

pears, pears, tomatoes and a nanny

Yesterday, we continued the canning of the summer fruit. We spent all day canning pears. We did 40 bottles of pears and 10 bottles of tomatoes! I have enough pears to last AT LEAST until next summer! Now I just have to figure out how to be even more domestic and do something with them.

Today I'm grateful for a nanny! Since my mom *abandoned* me and decided she needed to go back to UT and didn't want to live with us forever, we have been looking for a nanny. Bella goes to Stefanie "Mormons" house on Tuesdays which is fabulous! But I also work out of my house and schedule phone calls with clients on Thursdays. I didn't want to take her to a babysitter, because I don't really need her out of the house all the time. I also figured if I had a nanny, I could find someone to help me with my office work. Long story longer, I had a friend that was out of work and graciously said she would help me out while she was out of work, but she had a hurt back and couldn't do it anymore, so I had to start looking for someone new. After MANY interviews with people that I either couldn't have a conversation with, because they didn't speak English (let alone be able to do office work in English) or I just didn't feel great about them, I found someone!!! I was walking down the street on Sunday with Bella and I saw my neighbor who has a 9 month old baby and he mentioned me needing a nanny. His nanny was looking for a job on Thursdays. It was perfect. Right there, I asked her to show up today. I figured if she was his nanny, she must be pretty good. He's SUPER anal about his house, his stuff AND he's a cop, so I figured he probably had done all the background checks and she must be clean. She came today and my baby is happy, my work is done AND my house is clean. It was such a relief to come downstairs after working, my baby was sleeping, and my house was clean. I wasn't stressed about hurrying and getting everything done while Bella was sleeping. After talking to her more, I find out she is taking classes to become a tax preparer. I have been looking for someone to work for my company so we can provide tax services! I can't believe how it all worked out. Let's just hope it continues going well.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ok, I just have to say it, quit calling her a "nanny"- she's a babysitter. A nanny lives with you and cares for your kids full time (out of the dictionary of Stephanie) :). Seriously, I'm glad you found her and I'm glad she's working out for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How lucky for you that she fell into your lap. Sounds like she's made life considerably easier!

Grieco Family said...

Congrats on finding the nanny! How perfect that it worked out so well. It must be your positive attitude bringing good karma!