CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Girlfriends

Today I'm grateful for girlfriends. When I was pregnant I was very worried because I didn't know anyone with kids. All my friends were either single, or had grown up kids, no one I knew was in my situation. In April I got an email from Stefanie "Mormon" saying she was my visiting teacher and she would like to come visit. I haven't been active in the church for 4+ years. I decided it wouldn't hurt for her to come over, she would say hi and leave and I would probably never hear from her again, but at least my mom would get off my back about me letting them come over (my mom has called the stake relief society president to make sure they know where I am). Anyway, Stefanie came over with Alyson and much to my surprise I hit it off really well with both of them. (My mom will love this part) I do believe that Stefanie was made my visiting teacher for a reason. They both had little kids and it was nice to at least know someone that had kids. Stefanie invited me to come walking with a group of women from the church around the Lake. I decided to go, because I was 36 weeks pregnant and ready to have a baby and I was hoping it would, at the least help with my energy and maybe even make me have a baby. I started walking and got along with all of them really well. Long story short, they have all become great friends! It's nice to have other women to talk to and get advice from about raising babies.

We've even managed to sneak away for some girl time without kids. Hopefully we can do that again soon! I'm not ready to go back to church, but if I decide to, it will definitely be easier having people there that I already know.

I'm so glad that I've met these great women and that God put them in my life when He did. Love you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Holly - I love you! I'm so glad that you let me in your door and let me be your friend. =o) You're the best! I'm especially grateful for the massage at Burke Williams that I got because I'm your friend. =o) That's what visiting teaching is all about, right? Just kidding. When are we doing that again, by the way?

Anonymous said...

Wow, Holly that is great that you have some wonderful, supportive women that can be there for you. Don't you love girl time away from the little ones? Mmmmm....love it.
By the way...if you EVER, EVER have any quetions about anything please call. I've probably been there, done that w/ my kiddos...and if not I could find someone that has. ;)

Lisa said...

Great friends are the best. I did have to laugh at the part were your mom let the church know where you were at. I just barely started going back to church - I was inactive for about 5 yrs and I always "loved" it when I got that call from the relief society to come visit, knowing that my wonderful parents had given them my address and phone number. :) But I guess it finally paid off because I decided I was ready to go back.

Heather said...

You are so sweet! I had such a great time that night. And I am so glad that I had the opportunity to meet you and become friends!