CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Apricots already?

My friend Stefanie lives on a very cool piece of property. She has all kinds of land and trees. Her apricot trees ripened up this week, so we decided not to let them go to waste.

We picked four bags of apricots and ended up making 31 pints of freezer jam with the help of my mom. It was quite the production. Frank was making fun of us, we couldn't remember if we had the sugar in, the pectin in, the day sounded a lot like this:
"Okay, this one's ready"
"Oh, it's tart"
"Oops, I forgot sugar."
"Wait, this one now has twice the sugar."
"This one needs to sit for 10 more minutes."
"No, it's done."

It was very funny to say the least.

2 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

My husband would be soooo very jealous, he is the biggest apricot jam fan out there, in fact he was just begging his mom tonight if he could steal one from her storage, I may have to give in and learn how to make it!!!

Unknown said...

YUMMY! I love apricot jam. I can't wait to can this year! great work. Looks delicious!