CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Last year after Halloween I pureed the pumpkins that we bought. I never carved them, I just used them as decorations and then pureed them. It was quite the process.

First I cut up all the pumpkins and put them on cookie sheets.



Then I baked the pumpkin in the oven for 2 hours.

After the pumpkin has cooled you peel off the skin and put it in the blender. Mine ended up making 6 gallons of pumpkin.

I didn't really know what I was going to do with the pumpkin, but I was pretty proud of myself for doing it. When I went to Stephanie's house for Thanksgiving they made pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies, they were heaven! And they are only 30 calories! It took me 6 months of looking for spice cake mix to find it, I couldn't ever find it in CA, I had to buy it in UT.

Here they are. They are YUMMY!
Recipe:
32 oz. pumpkin puree
2 boxes spice cake mix
1 bag chocolate chips

bake in the oven for 12-15 at 375*.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

They look great! Glad we finally figured out how to bake them. ;) I'm hoping I'll be calling with instructions on how to do my own pumpkin this year.

Katie and Co. said...

Did you know those are Weight Watcher cookies? 1 point! I make them with 1 box of spice cake mix, a small can of pumpkin, and a bag of chocolate chips. Very handy to keep in the pantry for a last-minute dessert!

Anonymous said...

Who wouldn't love cookies that are only one point??!! Mmmmm. We usually make them as a cake. 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin and a spice cake mix. In a 9X13 pan cut into 12 pieces 1 piece= 1 w.w. point. Excellent. btw...uber impressed with your cutting, cooking, blending and freezing...quite the feat!!

The DeVito's said...

Steph H.- Do you just serve them like that on a plate?

whitney said...

They look so yummy! I'm really impressed you went through all that work to puree the pumpkins. I typically just throw mine away (although I do always feel at least a little guilty while doing it ;).