CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Virgina Trip

I'm finally getting around to blogging. I've been too tired and too much playing to blog lately.

We've had a busy month. The first week in June, Frank, Bella and I flew to VA to see our nephew, Paul graduate from high school. He graduated Cum Laude and has a track scholarship to Georgia Tech. We are VERY proud of him! My mom met us in VA and we took the week to sight see. I won't bore you with all the pictures, just a few.

Butterfly at the exhibit at the Smithsonian. Do you see an owl's eye or a snakes profile?


Inside the butterfly exhibit, my mom, Bella, Me, SIL Renee and Nephew Brian
Mount Vernon. Notice Bella is sleeping (she did a LOT of that in the stroller), excuse the hair, it was HOT and humid!!
Bella with Grandpa Frank
Bella loved all the attention she got. She had a ton of fun with Paul in this box. They were determined to get her to walk while we there, no such luck, she still isn't walking.


Paul receiving his diploma

Panda at the National Zoo
Bella slept in her stroller, A LOT!
Thomas Jefferson's house. I have to admit going there, I wasn't really sure who he was. I knew he had something to do with the starting of this country and he was a president, that was the extent. Seeing his house and learning more about him was VERY interesting. He is definitely someone I would like to have dinner with, if I could.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That butterfly is awesome. I've never seen anything like that. I saw the snake's profile - and then the owl's eye. That's really cool. Looks like a fun trip. You guys did a lot while you were there. I need to go back East - there's lots I want to see.

Alabama Apples said...

What a fun trip! I would love to tour the area and see the sights. What fun!

Stephanie said...

Next time I'm going too! You really didn't know who Thomas Jefferson was? He was impressive! Maybe Bella just needs to sleep in her stroller all the time. :) You guys look like you had a blast!

Alyson said...

I first was looking at your blog on my phone...and swore the butterfly was a snake. That is so cool! Looks like a great trip - I've never been back east and know there's so much history to see! Steve and I have an agreement that when the kids go on their 8th grade DC trips, we'll each get to have a turn as a chaperone!