CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 12, 2008

37 Weeks

I had my 37 week appointment today. Blech! No change in dilation since last week. I've been having quite a few contractions so I was hoping they were doing something, but nope. I guess I'm more effaced than I was, so a little bit is happening.

I'm SO done! I woke up this morning at 3:30 with excruciating pelvic pain. The MW told me my muscle is pulling away from my pelvis bone. It hurts to lay down, it hurts to sit, I can't stand on one leg long enough to put on my pants. I gained 5 lbs. in a week. It has to be water, because I don't think I've eaten 5 lbs. in food because I can't!

I started crying in the drs. office because she told me it could be another 4 weeks, which I know, but I didn't need her saying it! I asked if she would strip my membranes, she said no, I'm gonna ask the OB next week.

I'm going to take a nap and go to the pool later. I'm having an accupressure massage done today, hopefully that will help to get this baby out!

4 comments:

Chambers Clan said...

I've so been there! I asked the dr. to strip my membranes too, but he explained that if I'm not dialated enough, he can't get up there to strip them. I also had them stripped with my second, but it did nothing except make me bleed:( Good luck!! I think it takes 9 months to get you ready enough to go through labor and delivery! They're so worth it when it's over though. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Anonymous said...

With Cooper (the day I was due) a lady came up to me and told me that I wouldn't have the baby soon...becuase she said that I hadn't dropped. I still hate that lady.
I know it's uncomfortable and you don't think that you can't stand another day. You can...you can do it. After the baby is here you'll want to put it back after a few weeks. :) Enjoy the time you have with Frank, it won't be the two of you again for a really long time. Go out on a date, focus on the fun things you can still do. The baby will be here soon enough, I promise. :)

whitney said...

That bites. I know, I know, the baby will be here soon and you can't put it back then-yada, yada, yada...but being massively pregnant and super-uncomfortable still sucks no matter how you spin it. I'm sorry. Having been there and done that, the best I can say is that I feel for you.

Kylene said...

I totally feel for you too! I know this won't mean a dang thing but, "hang in there." You'll be holding a brand new baby soon!