CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Business of Being Born

The Business of Being Born. If you are having a baby and you haven't seen this I HIGHLY recommend it! I'm sure you have all heard about it. It's the movie that Ricky Lake produced about giving birth in America. Although it talks a lot about home births, it's a great movie about just being informed about our choices as women to give birth the way WE want and to take back the control from the doctors. It also talks about how giving birth is a business to hospitals and a lot of the decisions they make are based on making money and the fear of being sued, not on what's best for the mother and baby. Whatever type of birth you plan on having at least watch this movie before you do.

I swear the more I learn about and research modern medicine vs. alternative medicine, the more I think that alternative medicine has it figured out. If only they could get the money that pharmaceutical companies have to do the research and to promote it the way pharm. companies do.

That being said, I'm very excited and nervous about my upcoming delivery. We are down to a little over 10 weeks. Yikes! I am planning a natural birth and have spent the last nine weeks taking classes and doing research on all my options. My doctor is very supportive about it, in fact, his wife is a midwife and will be with us during the entire labor. She's going to come to our house so that I can labor at home as long as possible, to avoid having all the testing and IVs and everything else they do at the hospital. Frank says we should have saved the last nine weeks of classes and just hired the doula, because he's gonna be a mess regardless. I'm sure he'll be a little excited, but he'll be fine.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Go for it!! More power to ya! I think your preparing for this miraculous day will only make it more amazing. Good Luck!