CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Frog Catchin'

We have had tree frogs move into our pond. I wasn't sure what kind of frogs they were - based on their ribbits I thought that they were great big bull frogs. They start at 7:30 every night and it's so loud you can't sit next to the pond without yelling to each other. They are at least three of them, which ironically is more annoying than if there were a whole bunch of them!

I have been raising baby fish (that I got as eggs) in a separate stock tank. They are little tiny fish - less than 1/2" long - so we've had screens over the tank to keep the critters out. Well, the frogs would push their way past the screens and make a house in there. I'm sure he thought it was a free buffet. Every night we'd hear him in there, so we'd go out with a flash light - Bella tagging right along and we'd see him sitting there with his big throat all puffed out. We'd catch him and put him back in the big pond.

One night we actually got to hold him for a while. Bella thought it was the best thing ever. She kept saying, "I wanna hold the fwog." She'd hold it and then he'd jump and she'd squeal with delight! He jumped onto the glass on the french door and she thought that was the funniest thing - she laughed hysterically.

I love this picture - you can see how amazed she is by it all. Her eyes were SO big in wonderment!

3 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

So cute! I love the amazement and joy children get from simple things.

She is BEAUTIFUL, by the way!

whitney said...

What a tiny little frog! I was definitely expecting something much bigger. Bella's face is so adorable, she's just so amazed with the whole thing.

Terrill said...

Those are such great pics!! My first thought was Bella is such a beautiful little girl!!