CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

I usually hate Valentine's Day. It's always a day of disappointment. This year I decided to take it into my own hands, so I left Frank off the hooked and booked our Valentine's plans. We had received a gift certificate for our engagement from a friend, to The Purple Orchid Inn and we hadn't used it yet. So I decided we needed to use it. We went up on Saturday I had a couple's massage booked for us, they had a appetizers in the evening and our room was as big as our house and overlooked the Olive Orchard. It was absolutely breath taking! We had a great time just relaxing and having a conversation that didn't involve baby talk. It came complete with breakfast in bed and lunch the next day. It was the first time that we've been able to leave Bella over night since we've been married - I have to admit - I enjoyed it! We were both anxious to get back the next day to see her, but it was nice to be able to have some of our couple time.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing to get away and be adults. Its really hard not to talk about the kids, at least for me when i am away from them. Good for you two!

Anonymous said...

Sounds perfect! I hope you took some pictures. It sounds beautiful. What a great time! I'm glad you guys got to do that. That's a big deal to get away together .. alone. =o)

Chantel said...

It sounds like so much fun. Isn't it nice not to talk about Dora for an evening :)

Alabama Apples said...

How fabulous for you both! I will admit I'm green with envy...

It is amazing how much of our time is spent being parents. Kit and I have to make time to remember to just be adults in love. :)

Alyson said...

And Bella survived without you! Now you need to gradually work up to a long weekend, then a week away.

Time away from the kids works wonders for us as a couple, and for me as a mom. I'm so much more appreciative of all of it when I have a little reprieve every now and then.

Stephanie said...

How fun! It's so nice to go away and remember why you married him.

The DeVito's said...

Alyson, are you volunteering to watch Bella for the long weekend??? :D

The DeVito's said...

Stef we forgot the camera and didn't take any pictures - seems to be the norm around here these days!

whitney said...

Ooo, so fun! yay! yay! for a little kid-free time!

Sandy said...

Sounds like a fabulous Valentine's day! Way to go for taking it into your own hands. I did the same but didn't plan anything nearly as romantic!
I agree about change and friends moving. Just think, when they leave that's a vacation you'll be able to take later to go see them!

Unknown said...

I agree w/Stefanie; what a PERFECT DAY/NIGHT!

We missed Bella in our nursery; hope she's there next week.

P.S. I too am "green w/envy".

Ruby Regnier

Lisa said...

How wonderful!!! We so need an adult vaca around here. Little bit jealous! :)