CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 12, 2010

Why I hate change

These are the reasons I hate change. In the last 4 months all these people have either moved or are moving.

These women are women that have all been my rock and my strength while trying to adjust to motherhood. I met Stefanie and Alyson two years ago when I was 8 months pregnant. I didn't know anyone that had children and was kinda worried about what I was going to do when I had a baby. Stefanie emailed me in April and wanted to come visiting teaching. I won't get into the long sordid history but let's say I wasn't real excited about the visit. I decided I would be nice let her come once so she could feel good about doing her job and then she wouldn't come ever again. Funny how things work out . . . Long story short over the past two years we have become very close and because of her I met a great group of women and moms. They have helped and supported me in more ways than I'm sure they don't even know.

Suzanne and Heather moved last fall, Alyson put her house on the market in January, but the breaking point came 3 weeks ago when Stefanie called me and told me that Wesley had been offered a job in the Sacramento area and they were moving in 2 weeks. My heart sank. Not only was one of my best friends moving, but Isabella's best friend was moving. Stefanie's daughter, Mallory is 18 months older than Bella and she's the only friend Bella's known. Stefanie watched Bella from the time she was 4 months old and is MUCH preferred to Mom. She constantly asks to go see "Nawy" and at church she is always wanting to sit on "Wessy" lap. It's only 2 hours away, but it means no more week night family dinners and no stopping by on my way home from running errands. I admit, I was being very selfish about them moving. Yeah, yeah, it's great for their family, they can buy a house, blah, blah, freaking blah. WHAT ABOUT ME?!?!!?

I cried for four days after she told me. I'm crying again. Time to quit thinking about it. Stef when you read this don't be too happy with yourself and I'm coming to visit!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better come visit! I feel so blessed to have an entire blog post about me (oh .. and Alyson) but mainly about me! =o) I miss you already! Love you!

Alyson said...

Pleasanton is only 15 minutes away...so don't think you'll get out of seeing me...:) Change is tough, especially when it comes to friendship. Hang in there!

Alabama Apples said...

I'm so sorry...Change, especially like that, IS hard. I love the aspect of moving and I'm always excited for friends of mine who are on the move, but having to leave friends and having friends leave is so very, very hard.

Chantel said...

I hate change as well! It is really hard when we move every 2 years and we leave all the people we have met and became friends with. Hang in there!

whitney said...

Ah, honey, I'm sorry! (((hugs))) losing friends to moves is no fun at all!

Unknown said...

i am so sorry! I wish we lived closer to hang out and let the kiddos hang out. hang in there. and look at it this way just an excuse to get out of town to go visit!

Suzanne Hale said...

I feel your pain, Holly! I was closer to Heather, and was crushed when she said they were moving. But hey, I came back. Maybe Stef will too... eventually. Here's hoping. Love you, doll! And I miss seeing you!