CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

My birthday (only a month and a half late)

I'm WAY behind on my blogging, so I'm going through my old pictures (which I am just now uploading from my camera).

I was pouting on my birthday weekend because of Frank not getting that job and wasn't in the mood to celebrate (something that is SO not me, I usually think my birthday should be a national holiday). Frank was going to have a party for me on Saturday night and I put the kabash on it. So my sweet friend Alyson had us over to her house for my birthday. It was also Stefanie "Mormon" husband, Wesley's birthday too. So we got to have a joint birthday party.

By Sunday I was back to feeling like myself. Frank and I got up and were doing some gardening and then headed to Home Depot. On the way back we were going to get something to eat and swing by Paul's house. He started going towards Paul's and I thought he forgot we were going to get something to eat, so I asked him, and he said we would go to Paul's first.
As we passed Paul's neighborhood pool, I saw Stefanie's car and Kristie's (who works for me) car and I was like, "Hey, there's Stef and Kristie! What are they doing here?"
We pulled over and I asked them what they were doing and Stefanie said, "having a party for you!"
"WHAT?"
"Happy Birthday" Stefanie exclaimed!

I was so surprised I didn't get it until then! Thanks to everyone for making it a great day!

Then on my actual birthday, Monday, Alyson brought doughnuts to the park to celebrate after our walk and she and Stefanie gave me a gift certificate to Texas Roadhouse, one of my favorite places, and Stefanie watched Bella for me so Frankie and I could have a date night! Thanks a ton both of you! You are amazing friends!!

3 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

Happy "Belated" B-day! I looooovveee Texas Roadhouse too, rumor has it we are getting one in good ol' C.Valley (yum-o)

Anonymous said...

It was a pretty awesome birthday month. =o) I love that picture of Alyson and I. She's totally sporting her Diet Coke for the picture. =o) I'm glad you ended up having a great birthday, regardless of what was going on with interviews and lack of job.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!! I know I wished you a wonderful day then, but it just seems fitting to wish you a "happy birthday" after reading your post. ;) I am glad that you ended up having a wonderful day. It looked like so much fun. I am glad that you were able to go out on a date. Those are priceless!! I luuuv Texas Roadhouse, too!! Mmm-mmm!!
Little Bella is such a doll playing with the sprinklers. What a cutie. I bet it was so fun for her to be able to cool off.