CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Time flies when you are having fun

I can now officially say that I'm due next month!! Granted it's the end of next month, but it's still NEXT month! That's crazy to me!!

I had a great weekend last weekend! My Mom flew in on Thursday night for my baby shower. On Friday we got up and went shopping all day! If I was worried about keeping up my stamina during labor, I think I'm okay, spending all day between Ikea and Babies R Us was almost as bad! For those of you that know me really well, you probably know that I'm not the best shopper in the world. Especially when you are at a place like Ikea where you can't get out once you are lost in the maze. What I thought was going to be a quick trip to pick up a piece of furniture and a rug for the nursery turned into, changing my mind 1000 times about what I wanted and leaving with nothing but a rug! Not only were we in Ikea, which is bad enough (at least it was a weekday, so it wasn't so packed) but there was a crazy lady there that we kept bumping into! Everywhere we went, there she was!

After that we went and signed my tax papers so we can FINALLY get our refund and had lunch. Than we decided to go to Babies R Us and see what kind of furniture they have there. We had already purchased our crib and it's black, which was making it difficult to find baby furniture that matched, everything is cherry or white. We went there and were able to find a "chifferobe" and changing table that was really cute, black and not the price of a new car. So I called Frank to see what he thought, he said, I'll be right there and see if I can get a better price on it. Frank is the king of getting a good deal! The poor sales people that have to deal with him. He's been in sales for so long he can beat them at their own game, and Babies R Us aren't sales people, they are just store people. Anyway, he ended up getting a great deal on it! That got him motivated to finish the nursery!All the guests. We were nervous about rain, but luckily it didn't. It was a perfect day!

Saturday was my shower. It was such a great time! Thanks SO much Terri and Reinita for putting it on. We got lots of great baby gifts and it definitely put me in the mood to finally prepare for baby! Thank you to everyone who came!!
Sling Mom gave me that I couldn't figure out how it goes. I think this is right.
I think this picture makes my belly look fake. It looks like I just have a basketball up my dress!

When we came home from the nursery Frank had it painted! I was so excited. I LOVE the color! My Mom helped us make the decision (it was almost the same color that I've been saying I like for 6 months, but I think Frank just need a second opinion to agree with me. I'll post pictures when it's completely finished. He has done such a great job on it. I tease him about how anal he is about things like that, but I'm glad when it's done because it looks perfect. He pays attention to all the detail. On Sunday morning we set up the crib. That made it more of a reality that we are having a baby! I'll post pictures when we get the rest of the furniture in it. It won't be here for at least another week.

Mom and I went and walked around the town of Niles (it's not really a town, it's part of where I live, but it used to be a town, so people still call it that) it's where Charlie Chaplin filmed all of his movies and there are lots of cute antique stores. We had a great time having Mom here. Thanks for coming!!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Holly you are so darling with your pregnant tummy. I may have said it before but your baby is going to be gorgeous. Looks like a fun shower and things are still going great for you two. Can't wait to see picture of the little one.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Hol!

I'll comment more later...

Anonymous said...

You are so cute!! I love the outfit. That is great your mom got to come out for your shower and shopping. It looks like you had a lot fun got some great things. Yay for showers!!

whitney said...

I love your cute maternity dress! Sounds like you had a lot of fun at your shower. I totally know what you mean about baby shopping-a decision isn't just a simple choice, it always turns into a massive internal debate:P C'est la vie (at least the Mommy life)!