CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Busy Month and I'm tired!



Wow! It's been a busy month! Between trying to get work done for clients, making a baby, building my business, my birthday, family vacation with my family, I'm exhausted!

April 6th was my birthday. Frank threw me a little party with "close friends and family." Anyone that knows Frank knows that no party he plans is ever little. It was a great time! Thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!! Frankie gave me a new camera. It's very cool! It goes underwater to 33 feet deep and it can be dropped from 5.5 feet!

Then on Thursday last week we flew down to San Diego to meet my family for a long weekend. I'll tell you a very embarrassing story!

Frank and I got up at 5:00 am to catch our flight from Oakland to San Diego. I get online, print our tickets, look for our rental car confirmation (which I SWEAR I booked, because I even told my sister exactly what a great deal we got on it!) we take off, ride BART to the airport. Everything is going great, we are on time, blah, blah, blah. We are next in line to check our bags and Frank pulls the tickets out and hands them to me, I look at them and WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN SAN FRANCISCO!!!!!! Oh my goodness!!! I about died!! I thought Frank was going to kill me (he's not the most patient person, especially when it comes to blatant stupidity)! So we get out of line and he asks someone standing there what we should do she says talk to a customer service rep, but it will probably cost us $100 EACH to change our tickets. YIKES! Our tickets were only $100 in the first place! Frank walks up to the customer service person and asks the man, "Do you have children?" "And grandchildren," he replies. "So you'll understand, my very pregnant wife was in charge of booking our tickets and getting us to the airport and we are supposed to be in San Francisco." The man looks at me, looks at my belly and just smiles. He changes the tickets, but it's going to cost us $100 each to change them. So he then gets on the phone and calls headquarters in Dallas to get the fee waived. They very graciously did!! After he gives us our tickets he says, "Pregnancy is considered a disability, so you can pre-board." I think it's a disability because you lose your mind!!!!!

Anyway, we made it to San Diego, still no idea where I booked the rental car with, so we start calling all the rental companies, no one has record of it, but long story, not quite as long, we were able to get Thrifty to rent us a car for cheaper than I had booked the other one for.

I have to give a shout out to both Southwest and Thrifty for saving our trip and my marriage!! I think Frank would have killed me had we had to pay the $100!

We had a great time in San Diego, we went to Sea World, the Beach, The American Girl Doll Store (as much as I really don't have a thing for dolls, I was very impressed with the store), we got to see my cousins that live in L.A. and Vegas, and on one day we just kind of relaxed, spent the day in the pool, went and saw the San Diego temple, and went to the Gas Lamp District.
My nephew, Bevan, at Sea World, he was very enthralled with the whole thing.
Bevan and Hailey fighting over the sand inside the blow up, there wasn't enough sand everywhere else, they both had to dig in the middle of the blow up.
Shopping Spree at American Girl Doll store.
Hailey and Holly in the pool
Testing out the underwater option on my camera. This is my 8 year old niece, Katie.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! Great pictures, please make sure you get them on Snapfish.

Stephanie said...

PS. Can you change you colors of the writing on the blog? Som eof it is very hard to read. Btw, Hailey is spelled Hailey. I couldn't figure out why that looked wrong, I finall figured it out! ;)

Alabama Apples said...

I'm so sorry for your mommy-brain experience! Uggh! I'm glad things turned out okay, though. It looked like you had tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

Ohh, I'm so sorry for the mix-up. I am glad you were able to get it wored out. Although, I don't agree with pregnancy being a disability...but it does cause "mommy-brain"!!
It sounds like you had a great b-day. Did you get my card...I hope I sent it to the right address...
I loved your pictures. That looked like quite the shopping trip at American Girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and like your sister I have a hard time reading your yellow font. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pink font...much easier.
Oh, I wanted to ask you if you were thinking about going to the reunion.

whitney said...

Eeek about the tickets! While I haven't done that, exactly, I can totally relate. Having spent most of my marriage pregnant or in a semi-catonic state of exhaustion, I've made my fair share of snafus. (((hugs)))

Kylene said...

This is just the beginning of your brain turning into mush! Honestly, motherhood changes your brain cells dramatically! Thanks for sharing your fun story with us all. It made me smile. :)

Grieco Family said...

In response to your comment: I did read your blog and it made me make a mental note to make sure I booked my tickets right. Ha! That didn't work so well, and I think that's why I was so mad at myself! And if you can get Jetblue to waive the fee you're lucky! I did call and the lady on the phone said she would make my changes, charge me the $50 per ticket plus an additional $20 for doing it over the phone. I hung up and just did it online. Don't worry, lesson learned!! I'm glad that you were able to not pay the additional. You say in the blog that you and Frank went and saw the SD Temple, is he LDS? It sounds like you guys had a good weekend, next time you come to SD you should let me know, we can do lunch or something. Sorry for the novel :-)