CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Shake, Rattle and Roll

I finally feel like I live in California. I was sitting on the couch on Tuesday night, on the phone with my sister, when my legs started to shake. At first I thought it was just my legs shaking, then I looked around and realized that the walls were shaking and I could hear them moving. I looked at the fish tank and sure enough, the water was sloshing back and forth. I was still on the phone, not quite sure what to do, so I ran outside where Frank was. Smokey had been barking and agitated a few moments before, so Frank had taken him out. He was in the shed and he said the whole thing was shaking. I guess it's true what they say, Dogs can feel it before it happens. Although Bandit just laid there the entire time. I think it's because he thinks that he's human.

The earthquake was a 5.6, the biggest we've had since the "big one" in '89. It hit about 9 miles North of San Jose, and we are about 15 miles North. We've had about 45 aftershocks since. I've only felt one, they said it was a 3.5.

Welcome to California!

No comments: