CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Girls Weekend

Last Thursday I took a last minute trip to UT to spend the weekend with my Mom and sisters. We had a great time.

We spent Friday just relaxing and then Saturday we went down to stay at my sister Alesa's house in Farmington. That day we went to Gardner Village and saw their display of witches. I guess they do it every year, but this is the first year that I've seen it. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them from Alesa.

Saturday night I got to go to dinner to see my friends that I went to high school with. It was so fun. We haven't seen each other in almost 3 years, so it was great to catch up. All of us are married, have babies, or are having babies, it's funny when you remember people how they were in high school and how they have grown up. You know that you grew up, but forget that other people do too. We had so much to say we stayed until the restaurant kicked us out.

Sunday we drove to Park City and stayed in a hotel up there for the night. We went shopping at the outlets, I bought so many clothes I had to buy a suitcase just to bring them home in. I've got to learn to start taking an extra bag with me.

Monday, my Mom had UEA conference. UEA is the teachers union in UT. They are in the middle of a big controversy over providing vouchers for public school students to go to private schools. It's a horrible idea. It's the only entitlement that Republicans have ever thought was neccessary and it's a complete mistake. Hopefully, it won't pass on November 6th, because if it does it could make the public education all over the country in for a drastic change. Anyway, they were having a PR event for this issue, so we all went and took the kids. The newspaper for Park City was there and they interviewed the little girls. It was very cute. I've never been to anything like it and it was actually quite emotional to see how much politics that we take for granted can affect our lives.

After the news event we went to Hogle Zoo. It was a beautiful 71* that day so it was perfect. All the animals were out and about. The kids were all very well behaved for walking so far.

Overall, we had a great time and I'm so glad that I was able to take the opportunity to spend the time with my family. I forget how much I miss them until I see them. I'm still working on Frank to get him to move to UT.

No comments: