CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

20 years ago

20 years ago today this world lost one of the best men ever to grace it. My dad fought a 9 month battle with cancer and finally succumbed on Sept 26, 1990. He was just 42 years old. It is a day I will never forget. I was just 9 years old, but I remember every moment of that day. I went to the hospital with my mom in the morning to tell my dad good-bye, he had died by time we got there. It was the most crushing moment I've ever experienced. Dad was the most caring, patient, loving man I've ever known. He treated my mom the way a husband should treat a woman, with love and respect. He was always firm but loving with us kids. I'm so proud to call Lynn Meikle my dad.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dad has always sounded like such a wonderful man. I wish that I could've met him. I've always been in awe how you've been able to deal with a loss like that. It takes a really strong person to loose someone that close to them and still rebound from it. Here's to his life and to those who love him.

Chantel said...

That made me cry to read it! What a nice tribute to your dad :)

whitney said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I know it was a long time ago, but that's one of those pains that just never goes away. HUGE (((hugs)))!

Melissa Hernandez said...

I don't think I even knew that you lost your dad at such a young age....what a strong family you must have because of such an amazing father!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to your dad.

Hey .. love the look of your blog! =o) Looks a whole lot like mine! Miss you! Love you!

Terrill and Emily said...

The things you said about your dad were so wonderful! But I had no idea that you were on your way to say good bye to him when he passed. You are strong!

Janet Perry said...

I never knew this about you and your father. I'm glad your memories of him are so positive. I'm sorry for you loss, even though it has been many years since your father died. My father died almost 9 years ago, and I still miss him.