CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fish babies

I've been working on the pond and had ordered some floating plants for the pond as filters. The person that sent them to me said when she pulled them out of her ponds they are covered in Watonai eggs. I was so excited - I've never had baby fish before! The day they came I had Frank stop by the fish store to rent a tub for them. Poor Frank, he always gets dragged into my hair brained ideas!

They've been sitting in there for two weeks and I wasn't sure if anything happened. I looked in today and there are TONS of babies!! I'm SO excited! I can't get a picture of them yet because they are so tiny - I bet only about 1/8". I can't wait! They are beautiful fish when they are big and it will be so fun to raise them.

I'll post pictures soon!

2 comments:

whitney said...

That's so cool! Did you have to pay extra because of the eggs? If not, it sounds like a steal!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, how cute...I think... Well, if not adorable then really fun! My kids would get a huge kick out of them. Have you showed them to Bella? I'll be excited to see pics!
Sounds like your trip to Stef's house was fun and productive!! Wow a Girl's Day AND jam making...very impressed. Your jam looked beautiful...and yummy. :)